Christmas Part 2

We went over to my aunts for lunch and for Christmas with my mom's side of the family. My kids got even more presents but most of all had fun playing with their cousins. They all make them feel so special and give them lots of attention. Logan thinks it is so cool to hang out with all the boys and I am so glad that they let him...he thinks he is one of the guys.
Here Addie is showing Robert everything that is in her babys diaper bag and Robert is so patiently letter her.... Christmas Lunch - Kristi had a special table set up just for Logan and Addie.
My mom and me
My Grandmother, Aunt Pam, Mom and Aunt Kristi
Addie was so proud of her new bracelet from Mema and was showing it off.
Addie and her new purse that Mema got for her. She carried it everywhere
Me and my dad

The older kids get to play a game and there is a box wrapped (really, really, really good) and inside is money (anywhere between $50 and $150) and they have to roll doubles on dices and then they have to put on the santa hat, a bell around their neck and then try to start opening the box (and this year there were lots of boxes to open but 3 people won $50) but as soon as someone else rolls doubles they take over and whoever gets the box open wins the money. This is always hilarious to watch because they really get into it. I wish I would have got video of it but this year the boys had a system. They are so funny. Here they all are ready to play. Logan really wanted to play too but the kids get way too rough.
Logan opening more gifts. He got more racetracks, Cars carrying bag, clothes and much more.
I love this boy so much
Mema writes a Christmas letter each year telling a little about everyone and she likes to read the Christmas letter from 10 years back every year so this year it was her letter from 1998. It is amazing how 10 years seems like such a long time but yet it seems like yesterday. My grandmother is such a neat lady. This year she told us how she new nothing about her grandmother and grandfather and how she wished she did. So we played a trivia game about my Mema and Pepa. It is really important to know about their lives and to share them with our kids.

The cousins having fun with Logans new racetrack
This is one little prissy girl.
The girls....
Our annual family Christmas picture (and Uncle Charlie in the back)
Me and my sweet hubby
So I put all the toys my kids got in our guest room until I could find spots for them all. This is pretty rediculous the amount of things they got. I guess thats what happens when they are the only kids

I hope everyone else had as merry a Christmas as we did but most of all amongst all the gifts you remembered the true meaning of Christmas. I have asked Logan on a daily basis if he really knows what Christmas is about and why we celebrate it and why we give gifts to those we love. It is important to us that they do not think Christmas is about gifts. Even though they get so many I want them to look beyond those gifts. Jesus is the real meaning of Christmas and the best gift anyone could ever have given us. Happy Birthday Jesus!



















No comments: