Fun in Houston



Friday Ryan and my Mom took off work so we could all spend the day together with Chad and Katie. We went to Taste of Texas (one of our favorite steak places - well i am not a big steak eater but they have great pecan crusted chicken stuffed with goat cheese) for lunch and to celebrate Katie and my birthday. They have the best salad bar ever and my kids enjoyed it as well. Addie ate herself about 5 pieces of watermelon. She did not get this from me because (i know I'm crazy) but I can't stand it. We also had some pretty yummy deserts. When it is your birthday or anniversary they let you choose a desert and I think I have pretty much tried them all and have a very difficult time choosing.












After lunch we headed over to the Musuem of Natural Science. Logan had a blast. We just went to the science musuem part but Chad and Katie went to Body World II (or something like that) I could not handle it - real bodies that have been preserved in different ways - This is gross to me. Katie loved it because she is in school to be a nurse - right up her alley but not mine and I am sure the kids would not have enjoyed it either. Logan loved the dinosaurs and all the little energy activities they had. Addie enjoyed herself as well just running around. I would have liked to take them to the Fly Me to the Moon 3-D Imax but since Sea World and the pirate show he is not real big on going to movies. I tried to take him to see Igor the other day and he was crying before the show even started. We had to get up and leave - then Addie started crying because she wanted to stay. I am sure we will try again when Madagascar 2 comes out in Theatres.








Logan thinks that any skeleton head is a pirate (i can see why he thinks this) so when we were looking around at the museum my mom said "look at the turtle Logan" and he just kept walking and said no thats a pirate (i am sure he thought this because of the little turtles skeleton head).


















No comments: